Value of a Kindergarten through 8 Catholic Education
Saint Mary Catholic School teachers are dedicated to offering the highest level of academic excellence possible to each student in their care.
In addition, they are role models as the students develop in all aspects, academically, spiritually, and physically. Students are encouraged to excel in all areas and to enhance their love of God, own self-image, respect for others, environmental awareness, self-motivation, self-discipline, and critical thinking skills.
Multiple studies and reports have concluded that there are many benefits to a Kindergarten through Eighth Grade educational setting. Saint Mary Catholic School offers learning opportunities in a faith-based setting that has proven to be one of the most valuable learning institutes available. Accredited by Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools, Saint Mary Catholic School has met standards for defining appropriate educational goals and providing educational programs to achieve them; maintaining a qualified faculty and an effective school organization; and providing for the continuity of its programs and planning for the future.
- Our students show academic excellence in the Standardized Testing
- Our students continually excel in extracurricular activities, such as Washington County Spelling Bee, Catholic Daughters Essay/Poetry/Art Contests, American Legion Essay Contests, Theater, Sports, etc.
- Our students are taught by teachers strong in their religious faith and who, through their actions and deeds, instill this faith in the students
- Most of our students remain in the familiar setting that is Saint Mary Catholic School from kindergarten through eighth grade, surrounded by classmates who become their friends, and a loving, caring faculty and staff who become their educators. We are a school family who care about and work diligently with the students and guide them to be the best they can be, working hand-in-hand with our parents.
- Saint Mary Catholic School exists due, in part, to all the volunteer parents, grandparents, and friends who do not hesitate to step up and do whatever is necessary to assist the faculty and staff and students. They can be seen in the hallways changing bulletin boards, in the cafeteria serving food or helping the students open milk cartons, on the playground at recess keeping watch over the children, accompanying the students on field trips, assisting in the computer lab or library, heading up the home school association and all that is involved with that parent/teacher organization, and the list goes on and on.
- Middle School students begin to take on an expectation and knowledge that they are nearing the end of their educational journey at Saint Mary Catholic School and are preparing to take that big step into the next phase of their education. Many of the current students have parents and grandparents who have taken this journey before them with many fond memories. They are aware that the knowledge and guidance they received at Saint Mary Catholic School shaped their life-long learning process, and in many cases, made it a little easier. Now, even if it means big sacrifices, they want the same for their own children.
- Saint Mary Catholic School is ever growing and enriching the educational environment. The best example of this is the technology department. A brand new enlarged computer lab with new computers and totally updated wiring and access is soon to be in place. Our students will be able to research materials and enhance their learning capacity like never before.